News and notes from around the interweb:
- Chase 20% transfer bonus to Air Canada Aeroplan through January 15, 2024.
- Virgin Atlantic’s awards for travel on Delta are being devalued for travel January 1 onward. Prices for US-Europe remains the same, but distance-based travel to other regions gets generally more expensive (with nothing getting less expensive). Book today to get old pricing. They last devalued three years ago before walking it back.
- “The golden age of airport lounges is over” mostly an indictment of third party lounges in the U.K.
- Scandinavian will drop Washington Dulles service and launch Minneapolis to Copenhagen not because of Delta and SkyTeam as much as because the new largest owner of the airline is a company based in Minneapolis.
- Ethiopian considering new North America route. The contenders are Denver, Houston, Minneapolis, Seattle, and Montreal
- The overhead bins are empty. Why do airlines make you check your bag? (WaPo) Regular readers know.