News notes from around the interweb:
- Why banning travel has little effect on coronavirus spread. The virus is already here and spreading, keeping people out who have it doesn’t change the rate of spread in any meaningful way. Travel bans might make sense to places where the virus hasn’t yet found its way, but doesn’t help those places where it has.
- China Southern will resume flying to North America starting on Tuesday
- Willie Walsh is delaying his retirement as head of IAG parent of British Airways, Iberia, Aer Lingus and Vueling.
- Marriott quietly launched a new ‘transparent pricing’ checkbox it’s sort of funny that the ability to compare all-in pricing at their hotels is a new option. Online travel agency sites need this desperately, but don’t expect new IT projects at OTAs or competitor hotel chains now.
- Alitalia requiring passengers to wear face masks. They have to bring their own, no mask no fly.
Copyright: jvdwolf / 123RF Stock Photo
- Norwegian is cancelling most flights and furloughing most staff as it faces potentially running out of cash.
Copyright william87 / 123RF Stock Photo
- Inside the empty Seoul Incheon airport.