News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Alaska lounge pancake machine, or:
I’ve seen the Japanese airline lounge beer robots before, but the JAL lounge at KIX has a RICE ROBOT that flips a perfect serving in to your plate! pic.twitter.com/rTLCMoFXbJ
— Jason Rabinowitz (@AirlineFlyer) November 26, 2023
- Being a flight attendant is rough.
- I made a similar point as Virgin exited Austin – London, leaving BA to have the route. Virgin doesn’t operate a connecting hub at Heathrow though they do sell connections.
Virgin does not have a hub at LHR. They have a bunch of routes, but because they have cobbled together the slots one by one and British Airways won’t trade with them, they don’t have connecting banks. Sure, there are a few flights that connect here and there, but there is no organized bank structure like at nearly every other hub.
The fact Virgin is moving more flights to Delta hubs (of course BOS and JFK are also big markets too), tells me the connectivity on the U.S. side is more useful than what they have on the beyond LHR side
- Reminder that both Citi and Barclays will let you change your credit card statement close date – those of you spending on American Airlines cards for status can choose whether your February spend counts for the current, ending status year or for the new status year by shifting the close date.
The American Airlines status year runs March through February, not January through December. If you want spend to count for this year, you want an end of February close date. If you want spend to count for next year, you want an early February close date.
- The aircraft is going to be fine, just stay buckled…
On Saturday, November 25, several passengers of Aeroflot flight SU 1731 operated by a Boeing 777-300(ER) aircraft (RA-73143) from Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky to Moscow were injured during the flight.
— FL360aero (@fl360aero) November 26, 2023
- They can just keep doing this…
It appears that the Runway has been Targeted once again; Regular Service at the Airport had only Resumed yesterday following the previous IAF Strikes on the Runway. pic.twitter.com/OQsUowcu6l
— OSINTdefender (@sentdefender) November 26, 2023
- United Nigeria has approval from its government to fly to the U.S.. It has a fleet of regional jets, yet somehow is musing about 6,000 mile flights to Houston and Dallas. And they’re being sweet talked by the Governor of Texas..?
United Nigeria Airlines meets Texas Governor Greg Abbott!
Just recently, our team led by Prof. Obiora Okonkwo (OFR), had a fruitful meeting with Team Dallas Forth Worth International Airport (DFW) and the governor of Texas about direct flights from Nigeria to Texas. pic.twitter.com/1X8SoUdaM6
— United Nigeria Airline (@flyunitedng) November 20, 2023