News and notes from around the interweb:
- Basing in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and paying Hooters Girls in addition to flight attendants (not to serve as) and with flat-rate low cost pricing yet 34 inch pitch they were far less strategic than Allegiant. And what was the point of the single Boeing 757 in addition to their 737 Classics?
Initially, Hooters Air was successful pic.twitter.com/NCsLEcd7uz
— Business Insider (@businessinsider) January 10, 2021
- With the end of the UAE-Saudi-Bahrain-Egypt blockage against Qatar, Qatar Airways rebuilds its regional flight schedule and they’re hiring (and re-hiring former employees in these countries). I’m personally looking forward to an announcement of Doha – Dubai (or even Abu Dhabi) in order to redeem for QSuites and book another award stay at Al Maha on Marriott points…
#QatarAirways announce it will resume flights to Saudi Arabia, starting with services to Riyadh on Monday 11 January 2021, followed by Jeddah on Thursday 14 and Dammam on Saturday 16 January pic.twitter.com/Qwhti7d1iS
— Qatar Airways (@qatarairways) January 9, 2021
- 65% of Hawaii residents don’t want tourists visiting the state and the sentiment isn’t driven by Covid or public health.
- Farewell to the Singapore Airlines 2006 business class seat
Slightly tweaked 2013 business class seat
- GHA Discovery extends Platinum and Black status through end of 2022 I assume unpublished Red status is extended as well
- Members of Congress get beefed up security at DCA-area airports through January 20 (HT: Paul H.)
Every time I see a $99 or $129 airfare offer from Delta, United, or American Airlines, I flashback to Hooters Air’s efforts to maximize customer service while offering passengers a luxurious onboard passenger comfort and entertainment experience.
Waiting for Hawaii to demand that the rest of us bail it out.
Thinking back to Hooters and a funny moment. On the parking lot bus to the terminal at BWI, the driver called out for airlines. We all yelled out, American, United, etc. Finally, a rather feeble voice came from the back of the bus, a sole gentleman who muttered, “Hooters.” The entire bus burst out laughing – truly a classic moment.
@Stuart lmao. Plot twist, maybe that gentleman had the biggest cock on that bus!
If Hawaii’s economy crashes due to tourism related issues, it will be the most hilarious thing ever.
Yea, it’s always funny to laugh at the anguish of others!
My understanding about increased tourism in Hawaii is that a lot of it was from Japan and China.
Could care less about that overrated chain of rocks in the Pacific. They have hinted at defecting.
@joanie_adams, and why not? The Kingdom of Hawaii was an independent nation before it was invaded and taken over by the USA.
@SullyofDoha. Suggest you do research on the subject prior to making false and inflammatory statements.
@One_Trippe, What a joke! I suggest you take your own advice!