News and notes from around the interweb:
- I’m speaking in a month month at TravelCon in Austin. Over 600 people will be there, so if you’re going to be one of them let me know and say hello? I’m doing a penel with USA Today and Singapore Airlines. But the whole schedule looks fun. Apparently tickets from folks who cancelled are available, so you can just on in if you want to go.
- North Korea agrees to ICAO aviation checks. Even China was worried about their safety practices.
- Hotel occupancy and rates are up year-over-year and last year was a record don’t expect good hotel promotions soon.
- The magic switch so many pilots know so little about
- Fresh orange juice is gone from the British Airways first class lounge at London Gatwick
- Everything can run in the New York City subways… except the trains.
A new one for us (we think): Two goats are roaming along the N line tracks in Brooklyn. They’re safe and not currently affecting service, but they are on the run. We’ll keep you posted.
— NYCT Subway (@NYCTSubway) August 20, 2018