News and notes from around the interweb:
- Why the federal government doesn’t prosecute more badly behaved airline passengers under 49 U.S.C. § 46504… resources.
/6 Anyway, a spoiled drunk badly raised kid who didn't inflict serious injuries, is being prosecuted by the state for assault, and was publicly humiliated does not check any of those boxes. /end
— HatInProSe (@Popehat) August 3, 2021
- A… chainsaw?
— TSA_Gulf (@TSA_Gulf) August 1, 2021
- Should United eliminate checked bag fees to gain an advantage? Not argued here, but checked bag fees disproportionately fall on leisure travelers who are most price sensitive. On the other hand, moving more money out of ancillary fees and into ticket price means more revenue subject to the federal government’s 7.5% excise tax on domestic airfare.
- What the numbers on your credit card mean (HT: Paul H)
- DFW airport terminal F is still on hold, now they plane to add gates to the A and C concourses
- A short history of the restaurant.
Delicious facts about restaurants 🍽🍝 pic.twitter.com/AKvDqQc1Wf
— UberFacts (@UberFacts) August 3, 2021