News and notes from around the interweb:
- Tidbits about United MileagePlus they believe they were too focused on elite customers on insufficiently focused on engaging the broader membership base. Perhaps in tension with that idea, they’re proud of having been the first major carrier to go straight revenue-based for elite qualification. They recently had a single month where they signed up 800,000 new members.
- Tidbits about Avios there are 40 million members, with 3000 Avios collected and 2000 Avios used every second. 60% of Avios are collected outside of flying.
- Check out this Norse Atlantic 787:
Largest aircraft ever to land on #TrollAirfield!
"This demonstrates our capability of performing more effective flight operations to #Antarctica by carrying a larger scientific/logistics crew, more cargo with a smaller environmental footprint", says NPI-director, Camilla Brekke, pic.twitter.com/7vjsSw0gPI
— Norsk Polarinstitutt // Norwegian Polar Institute (@NorskPolar) November 16, 2023
- Hilton in Japan apologizes for ‘disrespectful’ ad disparaging traditional Japanese inns
- California Supreme Court: Westin St. Francis and other hotels owed millions in refunds from tax overcharges