News and notes from around the interweb:
- Air Iceland Connect puts journals in seat back pockets and asks passengers to share travel stories they have no wifi or inflight entertainment, so they give you something to write in. (Financial Times, HT: @winglets747)
- Chase is in the process of moving from Connexions Loyalty to Expedia for pay with points travel bookings. So far Freedom cards have been moved over. They’re touting the larger pool of hotels you can spend points for, but my real fear is Expedia’s customer service.
Expedia Dancers Don’t Provide Customer Service. Flickr: Juggernautco
- Traveling while Muslim: the case of the exploding chocolate by the way here are all the reasons people are losing their Global Entry.
“Give me your Global Entry card.”
“OK…” I said quizzically. I handed him my card.
“I’m confiscating this.”
“Because you’re being non-compliant.”
“Pardon? I’ve been cleared three times now. How am I non-compliant?”
“You mocked us for checking your chocolate for explosives.”
- “Airport staff ‘broke disabled Ryanair passenger’s wheelchair and returned it to her in four pieces with parts hidden in towels in the hope she wouldn’t notice'”
- An Air France employee board member is criticizing possible selection of Air Canada President Benjamin Smith as their next CEO.
Air France KLM almost certainly needs an outsider to lead the airline and overcoming the Amsterdam vs. Paris factionalism of the airline. However employee board members give the airline something of a ‘United problem’ — Jim Goodwin was a weak CEO, acceptable to employee shareholders because he was viewed as weak and they could run roughshod over him. Indeed a pilot work slowdown in the summer of 2000 (the ‘Summer From Hell’) resulted in the airline offering a 48% pay raise. However after 9/11 when he raised the need for cost cuts, employees pushed him out. Employees don’t want a strong Chief Executive at Air France KLM, either.
- What happens to emotional support animals now the airlines are cracking down?
only packing the essentials pic.twitter.com/IRf6VAdjZs
— aesthetic pets (@fluff) August 12, 2018