New and notes from around the interweb:
- Wyndham will status match a ham sandwich. Then you can match Wyndham to Caesars. (And Caesars to MGM to Hyatt.) But Caesars Diamond alone doesn’t get you lounge access anymore. It’s only free to Diamonds earning 25,000 tier credits. Other Diamonds can pay-in with 1000 tier credits, not cash, so Diamonds who don’t engage with the program don’t get access period. You need to get the credit card, spend on dining, and/or gamble if you want this benefit.
- How much should you tip when ordering food through a delivery app?
- New York City is suing American Airlines over its sick policy that forces workers to show up sick. As a customer I hate this policy, germaphobe that I am I would pay more for sick flight attendants to stay home and not make me sick.
- Auction starts to sell Star Alliance member Asiana
- Something seems wrong when this is considered ‘smuggling’: Thai Airways flight attendant allegedly bought a large amount of e-cigarettes at Tokyo Narita duty free
- The launch of Airbnb’s planned loyalty program may not be imminent.
At @Skift Global Forum last September, Airbnb President of Homes Greg Greeley said the co. piloted a loyalty program but hadn't made much progress. Looks like it's still TBD because Airbnb is advertising for a director of loyalty to define the program.
— Dennis Schaal (@denschaal) July 25, 2019