News and notes from around the interweb:
- It’s taken over 13 weeks for Olympians from the Cook Islands to travel home from Japan
- Review of United’s Buy On Board Cheeseburger
- Southwest Airlines CEO promises no one gets fired over the vaccine mandate
[W]e wanted our employees know that nobody is going to lose their job on December the 9th if we’re not perfectly in compliance. It is a work in progress and we’re going to continue working in good faith to meet the requirements of the executive order. But I’ve already said and I’m sure you heard that we’re not going to fire anybody who doesn’t get vaccinated. How we work through the people that don’t get vaccinated or don’t seek an accommodation, we’re going to have to figure out and we’re working with the government on that. But we’re not going to fire anybody.
It makes no sense that we would not respect that and find some way to work with our people on that. And that’s what we’re determined to do is get the right balance between taking care of our people and maintaining our government contractor status.
- Japanese Airline sells flights from a vending machine
- Regional airline Mesa has… entered into the drone delivery business.