News and notes from around the interweb:
- It’s pronounced marry-it not marry-ought.
- American has been saying they plan to fix the awful first class seats on Oasis retrofit aircraft – lack of back support, no underseat storage because of placement of the bars which attach to the aircraft. At least they’ve been saying they would pause retrofits to come up with an improvement to the seats (I have no heard promises of replacing the awful seats already in service).
Oddly American chose not to opt for the Rockwell Collins MiQ seat version with extra personal item storage space):
- Just another day at La Quinta
- Seven Emirates cabin crew accused of plotting Dubai bomb attack
- Hotel occupancy rates up year-over-year so don’t expect great hotel promos. This weekend I paid an $18 ‘facilities fee’ at a Chicago-area hotel that wasn’t even downtown. Of course none of this hotels for Vegas where occupancy rates are down so resort fees are a killer.
- Flying United? Consider prayer. (HT: @tmount)
Just like a prayer you know we'll take you there… 😉 ^AD
— United Airlines (@united) April 20, 2019
- I wonder what possible value Avis can hope to get paying to brand the packaging on American Airlines headphones?
[…] (Tip of the hat to View from the Wing) […]