American AAdvantage and World of Hyatt have a useful partnership that allows American status members to earn 1 AAdvantage mile per dollar spent with Hyatt, and Hyatt elites to earn 1 Hyatt point per dollar spent on American flights. In addition they offer regular status challenges to each others’ members. Members need to link their accounts.
The latest status opportunity for American Airlines elites with Hyatt ends Wednesday. There’s a new opportunity for Hyatt elites with American.
American Airlines Status For Hyatt Elites
American’s new elite status challenges are called Instant Status Pass and can be pretty complicated. There’s free status challenge being offered to Hyatt elites right now.
- Hyatt Explorist and Globalist link their Hyatt and AAdvantage accounts by December 12 (if they haven’t already) register for the status offer by December 28, 2022.
- Receive 4 months of status, engage with the AAdvantage program to keep the status or upgrade.
- Explorists get 4 months of Platinum (earn at least 25,000 Loyalty Points to keep it)
- Globalists get 4 months of Platinum Pro (earn at least 42,000 Loyalty Points to keep it)
- Earn at least 67,000 Loyalty Points in the first four months and receive Executive Platinum status
Under the new Instant Status Pass program you need to keep earning during your second four months to keep status for the next four as well.
Registration will be in the promotions tab of AAdvantage accounts on the American Airlines website.
Hyatt Status For American Airlines Elites
American Airlines status members still have until Wednesday, November 30 to sign up for a Hyatt status challenge, with temporary Explorist status and a fast track to keep it (and for Executive Platinum and Platinum Pro to earn top tier Globalist status).
- Staying 10 qualifying nights in 90 days to keep Explorist through February 2024
- Stay 20 qualifying nights to earn Globalist through February 2024 (Executive Platinum, Platinum Pro only)
Already American Airlines ConciergeKey members receive complimentary Hyatt Globalist.