News and notes from around the interweb:
- The post-pandemic future of hotels is staff-lite
- Woman woke up to find $1 billion in her Chase account Another customer found themselves with $50 billion,
- Minute Suites (private rooms in the airport, Priority Pass gives you an hour) promotes that you can take off your mask. In some ways this is very bold advertising. Federal regulations require mask-wearing inside the airport. In a private room no one will know if you are unmasked, but the regulation still applies right?
They’re advertising that you can ‘break the law’. (Of course the federal transportation mask mandate shouldn’t be in effect any longer anyway.)
Minute Suites would appear to be an ‘exception to the mask mandate for airports.’ And they’re at Baltimore, Nashville, Charlotte, Philadelphia, Atlanta, and Dallas – Fort Worth airports.
- Bankrupt Fairmont San Jose’s value tumbles
- Man arrested in Pennsylvania after TSA finds loaded handgun in baby stroller
- Alaskan regional carrier Ravn wants to transform itself into a long haul airline connecting the U.S. and Asia with Boeing 757s. Say what?
Here is the Ravn video on expanding to the Lower 48 & Asia with 757s (had to cut the last few seconds for length to upload). pic.twitter.com/wTrVHNeDXz
— Colleen Mondor (@chasingray) June 30, 2021