News notes from around the interweb:
- Wyndham has stopped offering status matches
- Man wanted for a California murder was apprehended at the Dallas Fort Worth airport as he prepared to board a flight to Mexico.
He’ll now be held in solitary confinement by simply being allowed to roam the airport freely.
- Washington’s Dulles and National airport have closed their economy lots and lowered parking rates elsewhere
- Sad but incredible sight.
— Breaking Aviation News (@breakingavnews) April 3, 2020
- I genuinely cried watching this Emirates ad. (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- United is still charging 30,000 miles plus tax for $57 tickets, so much for there being an upside to dynamic pricing. MileagePlus has worked hard in recent years to squeeze the remaining value out of the program (no surprise: Kirby and Nocella) but pretty soon they’re going to need it again.