News and notes from around the interweb:
- Switch your country on the website to buy miles cheaper from Air France KLM’s Flying Blue.
I once read about an 800 year old church in Norway that was built entirely of wood without using a single nail and it was celebrated as a masterpiece of ingenuity and craftsmanship, but you make one Boeing 737 Max that way and everyone loses their shit
— emily (@emnode) February 7, 2024
- “When a resort area bans Airbnb, the only thing that happens is wealthy people get good deals on second homes that mostly sit around vacant”
- T-mobile rental car gas and charging perk.
@garyleff @OneMileataTime There's an interesting travel perk in the new T-Mobile rewards — free gas/charging on certain car rentals. Sure this will be taken advantage of and not last too long (and perhaps the rates are crazy too) but worth sharing https://t.co/hU8TsccCnF
— Adam Heeger (@aheeger) February 8, 2024
- What do you do when the woman in your row on the plane keeps sticking her foot on your lap?
- Fontainebleau Las Vegas had initially resisted status matches, which is dumb because they don’t have their own list of gamblers to pull from (the way a new hotel that’s part of a casino chain would). They’ve fired a bunch of top executives. And now they are tier matching.
- Virgin Atlantic will match British Airways status to a higher tier than members have with Executive Club
- Even if it isn’t fair, this one is a little funny.