News and notes from around the interweb:
- 1990 American Airlines employee handbook for sale, $10 (HT: mogon)
- If you’re doing the 90,000 Iberia Avios for under $300 deal be sure to check your bookings to ensure your Iberia number didn’t drop out of the reservation
- Airlines are suing to exempt themselves of state sick pay laws
- New York City helicopter tours for $85 per person
- On Saturday United’s flight from Shannon to Newark experienced electrical problems and had to shut down its right engine before successfully returning to Ireland 90 minutes after turning around.
A passenger reported they were instructed to brace for landing, however, no information had been provided about the cause of the return.
A ground observer reported he believed the right hand engine’s reverser was not used on roll out other than the left hand engine’s reverser.
- The Massachusetts Governor’s son is accused of sexually assaulting a woman on Wednesday’s JetBlue flight 1354 from Washington National to Boston.
- Very late go around, Turkish Airlines 737 aborts landing at the last minute on approach in Istanbul.
How would they drop the Iberia number out of the reservation? They sent flight confirmation email to my email account on their record.
Because IB’s IT is crap.