News and notes from around the interweb:
- 1990 American Airlines employee handbook for sale, $10 (HT: mogon)
- If you’re doing the 90,000 Iberia Avios for under $300 deal be sure to check your bookings to ensure your Iberia number didn’t drop out of the reservation
- Airlines are suing to exempt themselves of state sick pay laws
- New York City helicopter tours for $85 per person
- On Saturday United’s flight from Shannon to Newark experienced electrical problems and had to shut down its right engine before successfully returning to Ireland 90 minutes after turning around.
A passenger reported they were instructed to brace for landing, however, no information had been provided about the cause of the return.
A ground observer reported he believed the right hand engine’s reverser was not used on roll out other than the left hand engine’s reverser.
- The Massachusetts Governor’s son is accused of sexually assaulting a woman on Wednesday’s JetBlue flight 1354 from Washington National to Boston.
- Very late go around, Turkish Airlines 737 aborts landing at the last minute on approach in Istanbul.