News and notes from around the interweb:
- A pilot remembers his most interesting moments
- British Airways website lets you book American Airlines awards again no more requirement to call and deal with BA’s insufferable hold times and fight the agent to waive call center fees.
American Airlines in Phoenix
- Jerry Seinfeld says he inspired the Amex Black Card.
I was waiting for [the crew] to move some cameras, and the crew guy comes up me, he says, ‘You got the Black Card?’ And I go ‘No, what’s the Black Card?’ He says, ‘There’s only three in the world. The Sultan of Brunei has one, the president of American Express has one, and I thought you would have the third one.’ Next morning I call the president of American Express. I go, ‘Is there a Black Card?’ He says, ‘It’s just a rumor. It doesn’t exist.’ He said, ‘But you know what? It’s not a bad idea.’ And so they developed it, and they gave me the first one.
- How New York strangled mom and pop car rental companies meanwhile I’ve mentioned this before but more on how Enterprise is lobbying to smother sharing economy competition.
- Several people would have had to look at this buy on board sandwich and actually decide this is something they wanted to sell. (HT: @phxnurse) By the way for an airline based in Texas this is doubly embarrassing since it doesn’t even constitute actual barbecue.
— Steven Peterson (@squeakytoy) July 10, 2018