News and notes from around the interweb:
- I join the Miles To Go podcast to go through my wallet and explain my credit card strategy.
- The American AAdvantage 40th anniversary game continues for co-brand credit card cardmembers. So keep entering for prizes through Saturday.
- Seattle airport now has reserved spots in line for TSA (optional). The airport is historically one of the most challenging, along with Denver, for its TSA checkpoints.
- American is re-opening the Phoenix B7, Miami D15 and Atlanta Admirals Clubs this month
Phoenix (PHX) location at Gate B7, as well as the Miami (MIA) outpost at Gate D15, will once again welcome select premium passengers later this month. American will also reopen its Atlanta (ATL) location in May. These clubs and more desperately need to be re-opened – hub clubs have been absolutely packed, and of course members still are billed the full fee.
Meanwhile American has also introduced new food for sale items in the clubs
- Thanks to Oasis/Kodiak conversions, all American Airlines Boeing 737-800 aircraft now have larger overhead bins. Airbus A321neo and Boeing 737 MAX aircraft come with these bins when the planes are delivered new. And A321s are in the process of being retrofit with the Oasis interior.
Boarding announcements for these aircraft are now supported to talk about the bins,
Today’s aircraft has larger overhead bins and your carry-on will be stored differently. Please place your carry-on into the bin, wheels first, turning the bag onto its narrow side to allow more bags to fit in each bin.
- Chicago O’Hare serial stowaway will stay jailed pending trial
- Woman arrested at the Atlanta airport with 3 pounds of cocaine in shoes