Last September American Airlines was named a 5 Star Global Airline by the Airline Passenger Experience Associate (APEX). The airline placed logos on their planes beneath the oneworld logo to note the achievement.
American is excited to celebrate their second year of this achievement, which was just awarded.
All the stars! We've been named a Five Star Global Airline by @theAPEXassoc — ratings are based on feedback by more than one million customers in five categories: seat comfort, cabin service, food and beverage, entertainment and Wi-Fi. Way to go #AATeam! pic.twitter.com/Z0NCNZNJ1P
— American Airlines (@AmericanAir) September 13, 2019
At the same time I’m not sure how big an honor this really is. Aeroflot, LATAM, Air Astana, and Avianca all have five stars as well.
Nonetheless to celebrate American Airlines being named a 5 Star Global Airline by the Airline Passenger Experience Association for the second year I thought I’d offer – direct from the Home Office in Cancun, Mexico – the Top 10 Reasons American Airlines Received 5 Stars.
- 10. It’s on a scale of 1 to 100.
9. The only people who voted were Doug Parker, Robert Isom, and Elise Eberwein.
8. Airline Passenger Experience Association is practice for Dancing With the Stars
7. Judges feared they’d forever be sentenced to fly legacy US Airways planes unless they gave up that 5th star.
6. American lets you stream The Big Bang Theory: Season 2 to your phone
5. With such great labor relations, how can they not earn 5 stars?
4. They were competing for the 5th star with Allegiant
3. Business class award availability is so good