News and notes from around the interweb:
- The American Airlines response to this NSFW refund request is the greatest thing ever, a look into our future ruled by barely-competent Ai. I’d reproduce the tweet here, but this is an (almost) family-friendly website. The guy wants his M-F money back, and American asks for his mother’s name and ticket number.
- The controversy over American Airlines allowing Black Lives Matter pins on uniforms
This was sent to me by an @AmericanAir flight attendant. The airline will now have Marxist, anti-police BLM pins but no other pins allowed. No crosses, no blue line pins. Is this true @AmericanAir ??? pic.twitter.com/6WhcnswfdB
— Tomi Lahren (@TomiLahren) September 5, 2020
- Taiwan’s StarLux airlines will offer first class on their Airbus A350s arriving next year. (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- In normal times people book international travel far ahead of when they book domestic trips. So I don’t think we should overread into 65% of trips already booked for 2021 being international. However like many I’m hopeful that 2021 – at least after the first few months – brings about a return to semi-normal.
- Phoenix airport escalator handrails are being continuously sanitized with UVC light
- American Airlines has clubs at hubs – now they’re re-opening some outstation clubs next month.
Haven’t been monitoring well enough to know if this has already been reported; Select non-hub Admiral’s Clubs are tentatively scheduled to reopen in early October.
— JonNYC (@xJonNYC) September 6, 2020