News notes from around the interweb:
- Starlux airlines is status matching!
- As I inch closer to renewing my Executive Platinum status for next year, American Airlines has reduced the buy back cost again. I received this email when I was 305 qualifying dollars away (having already crossed 100,000 qualifying miles).
- Delta wants influence again in industry lobbying group Airlines for America and is re-joining after walking out in 2015 over not having their water carried on issues like protectionism against Gulf airlines (Alaska, JetBlue and Fedex were against) and privatizing air traffic control (Delta has since given up its opposition). (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- Why American’s new Austin – San Jose route could be a success (unless Delta enters the market, so that four carriers serve the city pair non-stop).
- In September I suggested that American was consdering opening a flight attendant satellite base at Austin airport. They are indeed doing that, and also opening up satellite bases at Las Vegas and Orlando.
- I so wish this was a real movie.