News and notes from around the interweb:
- This is an amazing take on ever-perspicacious Brian Sumer‘s fantastic piece about how Allegiant buys new airplanes. They’re so cheap that instead of sending teams of executives to Airbus in Toulouse, they send a single PR manager. And the airline’s executives genuinely had no idea planes could be so complicated.
- Delta SkyMiles elites now receive complimentary upgrades at the gate on Aeromexico
- American’s new promo up to 10,000 miles for partner transactions
- Delta stranded a dead body last month. Now a mother is suing American for losing her daughter’s ashes.
- Why so many bad airline service videos come out around the same time. We’re just more sensitive to them. It’s like shark attack stories on the news (more people are electrocuted each year by Christmas tree lights), they aren’t featured because of the statistical frequency of attack but because people are interested in them and the amount of airplay influences our perception of how often the attacks occur.
- Delta considers delaying delivery of 10 Airbus A350s so they’ll keep flying “crap airplanes” a little longer.