News notes from around the interweb:
- Italy bans use of airplane overhead bins This is an IATA best practice, people don’t spend as much time in the aisles – but their bags go through more hands and passengers have to spend.more.time in the airport – arriving earlier to check the bag, and waiting at baggage claim. I worry more about aerosolized virus in the airport. (HT: PlaneBusiness)
- The pandemic certainly hasn’t made people better flyers. Then again, while I’ve seen this over the past week on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Reddit I haven’t actually seen mention of the flight details where this was taken.
- Have to pay for the new $2.5b waiting room at LaGuardia somehow higher prices at LaGuardia restaurants and shops means higher rent payments, WSJ (HT: @crucker)
- It’s a surprisingly good moment for consumers dining out at restaurants outside only, please!
- Credit card balance transfer offers are drying up in the current economic environment
- Well it’s a mask, and it’s on his face.