News and notes from around the interweb:
- Flying While Muslim has been challenging for years. Now Flying While MAGA?
If we have to start profiling white people, airport security is going to be crazy.
— ian bremmer (@ianbremmer) January 16, 2021
- Rapid antigen tests are more reliable than you think and we should be using saliva rather than nasal swabs for testing.
- At Spirit Airlines in Fort Lauderdale this is just a slow Tuesday
- In November “Woke United Airlines” pushed for affirmative action in California. Now for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day they want “a world where people are judged purely “by the content of their character” and not by the color of their skin.” Make up your mind, Scott Kirby!
- Sheldon Adelson loved aviation and his jets brought customers from all over to Las Vegas
- Hotel guest charged for stabbing employee at the DoubleTree Newark Penn Station
olice say a man jumped over the counter in the hotel lobby and attacked an employee with a knife, causing lacerations to his head and chest..
According to police the employee escaped and flagged down police, who arrested the suspect Antwain Hutchinson, (a paid guest) inside the lobby without incident.
Only somewhat relatedly a woman has been charged for stabbing a police officer at the Denver Comfort Suites/MainStay Suites. And another hotel stabbing incident. And another one (this time from back in September, but the indictment is new). And another. Need I mention these aren’t the end of it?