News and notes from around the interweb:
- The UK has revoked Flybe’s operating license which is a tool that allows British Airways to capture its London Heathrow slots.
- 15,000 American AAdvantage miles plus 3 miles per dollar spent for a year of WeWork All Access
- Hilton’s 1967 plan for a hotel in space
- Lufthansa will install a single row of first class on the A350-900s it begins taking delivery of in 2023
- In one move, Spirit Airlines will become the second largest airline in Miami. This is a huge threat to American’s domestic and some of their close-in Latin presence. It’s really going to depress yields. American, with its higher cost base, really needs to differentiate with product but that’s not the direction they’ve been heading.
And as though Miami didn’t enough enough passenger fights already…
— Tommy in Hialeah (@Dolphinfan201) April 25, 2021
- JW Marriott coming to the old Fontainebleau site in Las Vegas
- That’s what tires are for, I guess.
LATAM Boeing 787-900 (CC-BGP) sustained multiple tire blewouts to its right maingear following a heavy landing on runway 17L at Santiago de Chile Intl AP (SCEL). Flight #LA509 from Miami vacated the runway and stopped in a taxiway. No one was hurt. @Aero_Magazine @Pabl0Manzanares pic.twitter.com/7QrCkfeg8g
— JACDEC (@JacdecNew) June 7, 2021