News and notes from around the interweb:
- New Years Travel Resolutions
- Get 2 weeks of nationwide free wifi in Japan when you fly Japan Airlines — apparently even when it’s an American AAdvantage-issued award ticket. (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- Airline aircraft orders are slowing (Financial Times so behind a paywall) Both Boeing and Airbus delivered more planes in 2016 than they booked in net new orders.
By December 20, Boeing had 470 orders net of cancellations, against expected deliveries of about 750 aircraft. That compares with 868 net orders in 2015 and 762 deliveries. Airbus had net orders of 410 at the end of November, against 1,185 in 2015, with an order for five more A320 single-aisle aircraft announced last month. It had delivered 577 aircraft by the end of November, against a goal of 670 and 635 in 2015.
- United first class saver awards are wide open for 2 passengers San Francisco – Auckland from mid-November through end of schedule (HT: Milecards)
- Inside the Bombardier C Series Jet that Delta will be taking 75 of.
- On Saturday I was on Fox News talking travel deals and frequent flyer miles in the New Year.
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® Earn 65,000 AAdvantage miles.