Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) was photographed flying first class on American Airlines Friday enroute to a Pittsburgh event where he campaigned for State Rep. Summer Lee who is running for Congress in Pennsylvania. Sanders was wearing a mask.
When socialist take advantage of capitalist creations, they end up looking like that Vermont scumbag Senator, Bernie Sanders. Here he is flying first class. pic.twitter.com/dNMgO5VqdD
— Ron Milner (@RonMilnerBoodle) May 14, 2022
Bernie Sanders flies first class to stump for fellow socialist candidate Summer Leehttps://t.co/RM7tWPeLoQ
— Maridee Now (@marideenow) May 13, 2022
There are (5) reasons why this isn’t an issue at all.
- He needs to work. Socialism in our time doesn’t just happen on its own, it’s hard work, and he needs to maximize his labor value to the extent possible.
- Flying first class is consistent with his principles. Even North Korea’s Air Koryo has business class. A Democratic People’s Republic doesn’t, in fact, mean abolishing class. In socialist paradise “all animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.”
- He wants first class for all, and for the rich to pay for it. People think he’s being hypocritical because first class is what he’s against but that’s not true, he just wants corporations to give first class away to everyone free.
- The tab was picked up by private donors. He was speaking at a campaign event. He was either upgraded, or his first class ticket was paid for by donor dollars (e.g. DSCS or the campaign itself). So it’s more a matter for donors to decide whether they’re getting value for their investment or not, rather than being an issue of well-spent public funds.
- He was flying American Airlines, not luxury. And American Airlines Oasis (Kodiak) first class can hardly be considered luxury. It has less legroom than American used to offer, less comfortable seats, and no seat back entertainment.
Bernie Sanders has been spotted in American Airlines first class and flew private and insists that his suites have bath tubs. So, no, this isn’t going to undermine his popularity among his base one bit – nor should it. And his luster may just give Summer Lee, who has called Joe Biden a racist, the cover she needs to win the Democratic primary on Tuesday in what’s considered a safe district for Democrats.