News notes from around the interweb:
- How Americans can still visit Cuba
The Capitolio in downtown Havana
- British Airways will let you check a bag the night before your flight
- United told me back in August 2018 that they’d be building a new United Club at Newark since they took over the main one there for the Polaris lounge, leaving remaining facilities woefully insufficient for club members and turning away guests on day passes. That new club is finally being built near gate C124 but won’t open until next year.
United Newark Terminal C
- American Express Centurion Lounge LAX close to completion
- British reality tv star arrested in the Maldives for walking past a mosque and a school wearing a bikini. She was held for an hour, released, and the government is apologizing to her now that there’s a backlash – they don’t want it to hurt tourism. But in the Maldives you drink, wear beachware at resorts and are expected to keep Western behaviors otherwise away from locals.
Oh and don’t bring alcohol or drugs into the country either – luggage is x-rayed on your way out of customs in Male.
[…] LAX Centurion lounge is close to completion. And, it seems, the Charlotte lounge looks close to ready as […]