News and notes from around the interweb:
- 2500 free points if you sign up for a new Jet Airways (India) frequent flyer account.
- How National Car Rental developed its new mobile app
- Alitalia is offering up to a 50% bonus on purchased miles through August 31. There are some gems in the Alitalia award chart and they also offer extra availability for Alitalia flights using double miles. Their call centers can be annoying to talk to, and purchased miles can be used for no more than 75% of the mileage cost of an award.
- JetBlue’s new premium transcon (New York JFK – Los Angeles/San Francisco) business class seats, which I wrote about over the weekend based on an early-released video will in fact be completely flat, similar to what some European carriers are now offering in their transatlantic business cabins. The “suites” apparently will be the same seat, more or less, with walls.
- The British Airways award redemption website now lets you search for availability in three classes of service at a time. You no longer have to select only one cabin and perform additional searches if you want to check, for instance, first and business class.