News and notes from around the interweb:
- Which Hotel Loyalty Program is Best and Why? My piece over at Conde’ Nast Traveler.
- Younger business travelers are more likely to splurge with their company’s money than they would with their own. Older workers are much less likely to do so. (HT: uggboy on Milepoint)
- Several months ago I put together a primer on American Express financial reviews. Dan’s Deals what sorts of activities he sees as flags for banks generally to cause them to take a closer look at your accounts.
- Wandering Aramean says that United is now allowing only three connections (four flights) on one-way awards between the US and Australia/New Zealand and no longer just between the US and Asia via Europe.
- A United website glitch was letting people book award tickets without miles in their account. United will not honor the tickets.
- The pilots of the Asiana flight that crash landed in San Francisco in July are returning to work as ground staff.