News and notes from around the interweb:
- Made to order breakfast quesadillas were on point at the American Airlines LAX Flagship Lounge. My wife described the business lounge as “up to international standards.” Chef was funny, too, cracking great ‘dad jokes’ at 7 a.m.
- Register for up to a 170% bonus buying Avianca LifeMiles (1.22 cents apiece) through December 2 (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- 1000 free points for joining Sonesta Hotels Travel Pass
- Airports run by third parties like Fraport and AENA may be better managed than when run by local governments.
My favorite addition to the fleet. Seatback device holders. No more creative phone propping to enjoy our 1,000+ free movies & tv shows. pic.twitter.com/eXa6hY9P8W
— Christopher Dela Rosa (@cjdelarosa65) November 21, 2022
- Can experts really tell the difference between cheap and expensive wine or is the whole thing just fake? There’s unquestionably some snobbery involved (I have long recommended The Official Guide To Wine Snobbery for demystifying this and turning it to your advantage). And there are expensive bad wines! But there’s also incredible nuance in wine that can be immensely enjoyable.
Wine is not fake. Wine experts aren’t fake either, but they believe some strange things, are far from infallible, and need challenges and blinded trials to be kept honest.