News notes from around the interweb:
- Data: fall travel is flashing red
- Airline catering companies figured out they could lay off workers before taking payroll support grants and pocket the difference.
Some airlines reduced worker hours as a CARES Act loophole after taking the money, since they were just forbidden from reducing rates of pay not total pay.
- Bird strikes aren’t uncommon but this is a great shot.
Delta flight to LGA diverted to JFK after it was hit by hail tonight. Wow pic.twitter.com/V4qBzUA4kr
— Bill Ritter (@billritter7) July 7, 2020
- LaGuardia 1940. “Hotel New Yorker Aviation Terrace” by the way the current United Club at Washington National was once the airport’s formal dining room.
- Professional soccer players discover Disney World food is expensive: $65 lunch
— Omar Gonzalez (@Omar4Gonzalez) June 30, 2020
- During the pandemic some companies have come under criticism for handling layoffs via group Zoom calls. Emirates is laying people off with mass emails.
- Southwest Airlines has stopped accepting cash at domestic ticket counters