News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta SkyMiles Diamonds no longer board with first class
- Elon Musk denies the report that he’s going to build his own airport.
Not true. Tesla is 5 mins from Austin International airport. Would be silly to build another private airport, however the existing commercial airport needs another runway, as Austin is growing fast!
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) August 4, 2022
- After a $54 Billion Airline Bailout, Elizabeth Warren Thinks She Gets To Make the Rules
- Scammers demand restaurants pay up or get hit with one-star reviews
- Outlets are misreporting a story about significant punishment of a passenger who “admitt[ed] to going maskless” on an American Airlines flight. The punishment isn’t about the mask, it’s for drinking his own alcohol on board, shouting expletives at and attempting to hit a flight attendant, and escalating after a formal warning.
- Embassy Suites Napa cooling tower causes outbreak of legionnaires disease 11 hospitalized, 1 dead (HT: @crucker)
- The American Airlines Tel Aviv – New York flight that spent 29 hours in Rome (HT: @tdh18ny)