News and notes from around the interweb:
- The cabins aren’t being maintained, episode 19,261.
— Charles Haddock (@ThinkBigCharles) October 3, 2023
- United defers start of two India routes. San Francisco – Delhi is probably due to lack of Russia overflight, while Newark – Mumbai seems likely due to lack of aircraft given all of the new long haul the airline is flying.
- But what’s even the point of deposing your country’s ‘President for Life’ in a family dispute through military coup and ruling for over four decades after that, if your kids can’t do this? (HT: JonNYC)
Two weeks ago, Teodoro Obiang, Vice-Pres of Equatorial Guinea and son of the President, stayed at a $75,000 / night penthouse in NY @TheMarkHotelNY;
He attended the UN assembly, where he spoke about the lack of development in Africa and reforming the UN.
His Instagram vid: pic.twitter.com/Z7mnRf8Etv
— Emmanuel Freudenthal (@EmmanFre) October 3, 2023
- Japan Airlines accidentally announced that they plan to rent pajamas to passengers when they plan to ‘loan’ them. Eco this and that masking cost-savings. But no rental charge.
- 50% bonus on transfers from Singapore Airlines to Shangri-La Hotels consider if your KrisFlyer miles are expiring.