The Port Authority Police Department at LGA gave Trump's plane a "water salute" as PEOTUS makes 1st trip to DC as president-elect. pic.twitter.com/CsTtnh15Hb
— Dan Gallo (@dangallo) November 10, 2016
He could have taken the American Airlines Shuttle to Washington National, of course, it used to be the Trump Shuttle.
On the Trump Shuttle, there were gold colored fixtures in the lavatories. On Trump’s 757 the seat belts — and everything else — are gold plated.
Air Force One, on the other hand, features an onboard operating room staffed by a doctor whenever the plane is inflight, a shower, and even a gym.
Copyright: carlosyudica / 123RF Stock Photo
It also features defense technologies:
- “Mirror-ball defense technology in the wings scramble infrared missile guidance systems”
- “Electronic countermeasure defense systems…jam enemy radar”
- “Flares hidden in the wings..to confuse enemy missiles”
- “The body of the plane can withstand a nuclear blast on the ground”
- Each exit has its own retractable staircase, to avoid risk of sabotage of whatever staircase would be provided on the ground
- Windows are armored
So that’ll definitely be an upgrade.