News and notes from around the interweb:
- Leaked email: TSA will pick up hotel and flights for folks willing to travel to places with high sickout rates
- DUD/E on the United upgrade list When I lived in DC “POO” used to always beat me out for American Airlines upgrades, and that’s what I thought of him.
- The American Airlines Admirals Club on the A concourse at Dallas Fort-Worth has breakfast tacos. Apparently this is specific to that club only, and won’t be spreading which is too bad because breakfast tacos are the greatest breakfast invention ever in the Western world. (HT: @dj_johnpacheco via Demetrius J.)
- Government shutdown delays start of commercial airline service at Paine Field
- That Norwegian Boeing 737 that had to divert is still stuck in Iran surely that’s not what the sanctions were for…
- Report: ANA will buy 10% stake in Philippine Airlines
- Qantas says the launch of their Perth – London non-stop flight generated $71 million in free publicity for Western Australia they got lots of stories due to the length of the flight but honestly I doubt many people could even tell you where in Australia Perth is…