News and notes from around the interweb:
- Alanis Morissette redoes Ironic to include Southwest Airlines
- Intercontinental hotels has acquired Six Senses after acquiring Regent, one imagines this goes down the same path as their Kimpton deal…
- It turns out Boeing has had some of its absolute best years without support from the Export-Import Bank that should cause Ex-Im supporters to question their priors, or at least revisit their arguments about why the federal government providing subsidies to big businesses was supposedly necessary.
- California’s new governor has gutted plans for a San Francisco – Los Angeles bullet train which was always a boondoggle. Here’s why the US will never have high speed rail.
- Southern Airways acquisition of Mokulele may fuel interisland Hawaii expansion (HT: Reid F.)
- You can no longer apply for a Marriott American Express personal card (the base consumer card is now the exclusive province of Chase) but there’s still a way to get it.
- An increasing number of Qantas frequent flyer members have 7 figure balances and one member earned 30 million points last year with credit card spend alone, which is such a shame given all the other better currencies to be earning.