News and notes from around the interweb:
- The UAE will treat Saturday and Sunday as the weekend, instead of Friday and Saturday and move to a 4.5 day work week (half day on Fridays for religious reasons and better work-life balance).
- Cranky Flier talks with United CEO Scott Kirby
- Elizabeth Warren blasts Hertz for high rental car prices saying they should buy more cars to increase supply and reduce prices rather than spending money on buybacks. Just six weeks ago Hertz announced an order for 100,000 Teslas and at this point supply chain is the binding constraint adding vehicles, not capital.
Now, there’s no reason to think that Hertz is well-managed at this point, and if she’d said they should spend money figuring out how to stop having their customers arrested that would be a reasonable take, but she didn’t. Warren spending time on rental car prices is just more of her jumping the shark.
Wondering why your Thanksgiving groceries cost more this year? It’s because greedy corporations are charging Americans extra just to keep their stock prices high. This is outrageous. https://t.co/ZGhL7c3piR
— Elizabeth Warren (@SenWarren) November 24, 2021
- Your Face Is, or Will Be, Your Boarding Pass” (NYT)
- Who are you and what have you done with the real Scott Kirby?
UA:Effective December 8, 2021 will be servings cold entrees in United Economy on all international flights departing Chicago
— ˜”*° JonNYC °*”˜ (@xJonNYC) December 8, 2021
- Armed robbers took $100,000 in jewelry outside the Intercontinental Los Angeles Downtown