I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Atlanta couple facing federal charges after earning too many Staples Rewards
- You only need to give your email address and next year and the year after you can earn up to 3% cash back on all your spend
- Speaking of email addresses, a quick signup gets you a year’s membership free (full membership retail $675) to a new members-only hotel site where I’m seeing hundreds of dollars of discounts on rooms.
- Come by the DC frequent traveler meetup October 25
- Why the Prime Minister of Thailand is often referred to as the Mayor of Bangkok
Chao Phraya River, Bangkok
- A “non-torment way” to book Indonesian domestic flights online
- Friday’s Qantas flight QF81 from Sydney to Singapore featured an orchestra (“nine musicians from the Australian World Orchestra performed a pop-up concert”).