There’s a great business class deal for under $1600 roundtrip Los Angeles – Tel Aviv on oneworld airlines, great for American AAdvantage and Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan members.
Current Israel travel restrictions are tight but it’s worth considering for travel far into the future.
Key details of fare basis INN0T1S5:
- Generally available starting with travel in February through end of schedule with best availability on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday for the outbound
- Saturday night stay and 7 night minimum trip required
- Tickets must be issued by January 4, 2022 but in all likelihood I’d guess the fare won’t be around that long
- Non-refundable (except with death or denial of visa with embassy stateemnt)
- No change fees, but new itinerary will be repriced based on prevailing fares at the time
Stopovers in are $400 each
Western Wall, Credit: Golasso via Wikimedia Commons
For Iberia Alaska Airlines credits 225% – 350% redeemable miles on I fares depending on status (125% elite qualifying miles), American awards 125% – 245% depending on status (for 2022 redeemable miles will equal Loyalty Points).