Lufthansa offers a promotion called Mileage Bargains but I’ve never seen anything from them this good – legitimate 75% off redemptions flying business class (and other classes of service) on their long haul leisure carrier Eurowings Discover.
- 15,000 miles roundtrip in economy between the US and Europe plus taxes and surcharges
- 20,000 miles roundtrip in premium economy between the US and Europe plus taxes and surcharges
- 28,000 miles roundtrip in business class between the US and Europe plus taxes and surcharges
Eurowings Discover is their lower cost leisure carrier but their Airbus A330 widebodies still do have flat business class seats. Book by December 31 for 2022 travel:
- Fort Myers – Frankfurt, March 28, 2022 through end of schedule
- Las Vegas – Frankfurt, March 28, 2022 and to Munich starting March 27, 2022 through end of schedule
- Salt lake City – Frankfurt, May 23, 2022 through end of schedule
- Tampa – Frankfurt, now through end of schedule
The problem is how to get Lufthansa’s miles since they generally stopped allowing transfers into their program two years ago as an odd consequence of German law. (Somehow Radisson points still transfer, but the conversion rate is poor.)
This is a huge win for those in the U.S. who have Lufthansa miles, such as via their Barclays-issued credit card.
(HT: Frequent Flyer Bonuses)