News notes from around the interweb:
- How airports will change from coronavirus there’s been a lot more discussion of airlines and to a lesser extent hotels but the airport focus is important too.
- Disney re-opening mid-July despite having to wear masks all day outdoors in summer, doesn’t the idea of advance reservations for reduced capacity = a whole lot less waiting and more rides? Could the Rona Era be the best time to visit Disney, given how the desirability of outdoors from a spread perspective? They’re promising lots of hand sanitizer.
- A formal DOT complaint has been filed against Air Canada over their refusal to refund tickets for cancelled flights. (HT: @Travel33t) Most people file informal consumer complaints and that helps them get their own personal situation resolved. The formal complaint process can take a year, involves an on the record written response from the airline, and an actual decision by DOT (including the potential for fines).
- Chateauroux airport near Paris is buzzing with activity
- Hyatt Regency Buffalo being deflagged
- Thailand’s king, who has been social distancing at a hotel he entirely bought out in Germany, was spotted with 20 women from his harem
- Well, it’s one idea.