News and notes from around the interweb:
- New York Times on hotels not living up to their cleanliness promises
- United Airlines is now willing to sell economy plus seats to basic economy passengers at check-in.
- April rental car center fire at Fort Myers airport ruled accidental but convenient, did $100 million damage. (HT: Jonathan W.)
- How Covid-19 broke the airline pricing model.
- An American may be fined $569,000 for violating Canada’s Covid restrictions remember, it’s just the U.S.-Canada land border that is closed (to some). You can still fly and quarantine.