News and notes from around the interweb:
- Air France KLM Flying Blue can now book Garuda Indonesia first class awards
- Fraud crackdown at Air Canada Aeroplan a lot of accounts engaged in shenanigans seem to have had the plug pulled on them. Amex transfers into accounts whose names don’t match (!), and then using those points to book last minute business class tickets for other people, seems to be a huge flag.
For the past couple of months creation of new family sharing accounts has been suspended due to fraud.
- Customs officials seize giraffe poop at MSP airport; passenger wanted to turn it into a necklace
- U.K. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak: “A man is a man and a woman is a woman, that’s just common sense”
British Airways: “hold my pint.”
British Airways new non binary uniforms: pic.twitter.com/2U6wVIDobC
— Patricia (@Patricia344130) October 5, 2023
- “Pet smuggled onboard in a handbag along with a rat runs free on flight from Bangkok, with aircrew bitten as terrified flyers cower on seats”
- China Eastern plans to fly to 3 Delta hubs Seattle, Boston, and Atlanta. The Seattle flight is one Delta already operates, so unless Delta plans to leave the market then this can’t be good for the Atlanta-based carrier (too much capacity).
Delta owns a stake in China Eastern, and had huge plans for Shanghai, but those have been backburnered and Delta has been building its partnership (where it has a joint venture) with Korean for Asia connections.