News and notes from around the interweb:
- Here’s how United will configure its Airbus A321neo.
UA: I *completely* lost track of if this came out already, but on the off-chance not;
UA A321neo: 200 total seats
20 domestic F, 180 Y/Y+
60 Y+ is to keep the pax count at or under 200, as a 5th FA would be needed for 201 pax. Very elite friendly plane, obviously
— 🇺🇦 JonNYC 🇺🇦 (@xJonNYC) November 26, 2022
- One place I’ve never been is Saudi Arabia. This was a very interesting read for me, despite or more likely because the trip report stuff doesn’t begin until the very end of the piece.
- Couple forces entire Frontier Airlines flight to disembark after rushing plane sans boarding passes
- The Department of Transportation plans to impose new fee disclose rules on anyone selling airline tickets (or even displaying schedules). Maybe what they need is to disclose details of the product you’re buying, and not just the cost? Seat pitch and width, availability and speed of wifi, seat back entertainment…
@AmericanAir 2022 international flights without screens. I get the entertainment over wifi but still. Other carries have built in screens and live tv on domestic flights. You need to catch up with times as this is expected from Spirit or Frontier not AA. pic.twitter.com/tqUue1fYwG
— Jonathan Aviles (@avilesjonathan) November 25, 2022
- “In my next life I want to be a flight attendant and watch movies for 4 hours at a time”
- How much beer costs at major airports. New York LaGuardia is most expensive – by far – at $12.33 for a domestic beer. It’s just $4.33 in Portland. Not sure what to make of Salt Lake City being second-lowest.