News and notes from around the interweb:
- In a win for Morpho Trust, the only private company currently allowed to do PreCheck signups (that has been suing to prevent other companies from being awarded contracts), the TSA has said it will stop trying to expand its private signup program.
- Delta’s President sold 28% of his DAL stock for $4.6 million.
- Best Western is status matching pretty much everyone but then of course you’re using that status at Best Western.
- A China Southern Airbus A380 got into a fight with a tug at LAX. I’d be tempted to say that the tug won, since the Guangzhou flight was cancelled, but the tug driver did apparently receive minor injuries. (HT: @pir8z40)
- Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson’s Open Letter to Donald Trump. He thinks Trump should pardon Hillary Clinton, and has thoughts on many other issues as well.
If you’re serious about bringing us together, consider simply letting Secretary Clinton ride off into the sunset with thanks for her public service, perhaps even with a pardon. By itself, this would be a unifying step, one that would set you up well to be the kind of leader that we need – focused entirely on the future, instead of the past.
- British Airways flight attendants will start voting this coming week on whether to strike.