News notes from around the interweb:
- MGM Resorts re-opening plan for Las Vegas I’ve separately read about single use card decks. (HT: @crucker)
Expect no more buffet-style meals, plexiglass barriers and handwashing stations on the casino floor, physical distancing at slot machines and fewer players at card tables and digital room keys in hotels. …”Employees will discourage players from standing (except Craps) and guests will be asked not to stand beside or behind players,” the MGM Resorts reopening plan states.
- Vietnam, which is a real COVID-19 success story, is looking to open international flights to China and South Korea
- Capital One is dropping Hainan Airlines and Qatar Airways as transfer partners, no big loss.n
- Travel businesses say Google should give them money, because they need money more or less.
- I do not understand the sterilization booth, the virus remains inside you even if it’s not on your clothing. Unless of course they’re using bleach…
Etihad / AUH measures:
– sterilization booth (!)
– temperature control
– facial recognition
– airport passenger tracking
– rapid testing
Is that sterilization booth for everyone or just staff? pic.twitter.com/Q7iD6SCfBl
— Layovers ✈︎ the air travel podcast (@lay_overs) May 12, 2020
- Air Canada’s new cleaning video. It would have been so much cooler if they’d just send a zamboni down the middle of the aisle…
@garyleff @AlaskaAir we have all seen videos of poor performance by baggage handlers but fair call to Alaska and DFW ground crew for loading 6 puppies in 3 crates with the absolute most delicate of care. pic.twitter.com/vbTgn7LMG0
— Action Jackson Coxe (@ActionCoxe) May 12, 2020
- 2 million N95 masks arrive at the Pittsburgh airport.
A BIG thank you to ROK and @TheBlueHouseKR for providing 2 million face masks to @fema. Our alliance and friendship are as vital and ironclad today as it was 70 years ago. #ThankYouROK #WeAreInThisTogether pic.twitter.com/ECdBEKeMaO
— Harry Harris (@USAmbROK) May 10, 2020