News notes from around the interweb:
- Qatar Airways may increase its 9.99% stake in Cathay Pacific suggesting they “can help and would be willing to provide the injection if asked.”
- Israelis are eligible for Qatar Airways’ 100,000 tickets for health care workers. That’s actually a big deal coming from the state-backed airline whose own maps do not show Israel.
Al Baker said that “every single country in the world, including our neighboring countries, including the State of Israel, will be allocated numbers of tickets, depending on population and the size of the country… proportionately to the 100,000 tickets we are offering.”
- Government temperature checks at the airport are a bad idea
- The government of Queensland is vying to invest in Virgin Australia. They aren’t a bidder of last resort, they’re part of a coalition trying to win the bid against 18 others. Weird.
- Chase now lets you request combining two separate logins online
- I’m too old to really get tiktok.