News and notes from around the interweb:
- Two interesting restrictions I haven’t seen discussed elsewhere with Delta’s new no annual fee miles-earning American Express card.
- Airport Escape lounges offer complimentary access if you have a Platinum Card® from American Express. If you don’t, join National Car Rental’s loyalty program and you can get $10 off a day pass.
- Star Alliance rolls out connections service at Chicago O’Hare to help ensure passengers make short connections.
- Buy oneworld sapphire status from s7 airlines for $263 a month — or pay for a sketchy eBay auction, either way in theory would let you access American Airlines Flagship lounges even when flying domestic coach.
- Brian Sumers of Skift writes that Emirates could consider introducing ‘basic economy’ that’s an actual separate section of the plane.
- Etihad axes pajamas in business class on ultra long haul flights. The penny wise pound foolish cuts continue at Etihad. Dropping amenities that your competitors offer to the highest yield passengers may not be a great idea.