- Step 1: Connect your social profiles to your Marriott Rewards account, starting with Facebook.
- Step 2: Follow the social profiles of participating Marriott brands and properties on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Foursquare.
- Step 3: Earn Marriott Rewards points by:
- Sharing or retweeting our posts to your Facebook or Twitter feeds each day
- Checking into properties on Facebook or Foursquare every day you visit
- Posting a photo each day to Instagram and tagging it with a property’s location
- Using #LoveMarriottRewards, #RenHotels or #Autograph in your daily Facebook, Twitter and Instagram posts
- Liking and following select brands and properties in Facebook or Twitter
Sign up by giving them your Marriott Rewards number and linking it to a social media profile.
I began with Facebook, which passes information to them but doesn’t allow them to post on your Wall so they cannot spam you and your friends. They do, of course, need certain access to track your posts and reward you for qualifying activity.
Connecting with Twitter allows them to see your tweets (again, necessary to reward you) and also see who you follow.
You can connect Instagram and Foursquare as well.
And earn up to 2000 points every 30 days:
In order to earn points with Plus Points you must set your Marriott Rewards earning preference to ‘points’ and not to ‘miles.’ And this only is available for Marriott Rewards, and not for Ritz-Carlton Rewards accounts. (You have to choose whether your account is aligned with Marriott or Ritz-Carlton.)
When you earn points you’ll receive an email to the address listed as primary with Facebook.
When earning points for ‘liking’ a page, you have to like it for at least a week before you qualify for points.
Social check-ins such as on Foursquare do not require you to have a reservation at a property, being at a restaurant for instance and checking in works. Back in the old days of Topguest I used to ‘check into’ four different hotels to earn points all from my living room.
(HT: Loyalty Lobby)